Simple Tips for Packing a Portable Storage Container
- by boxwell/December 16, 2020
Portable storage containers make moving and storing your belongings easy and convenient. Whether you’re relocating, remodeling or need some temporary storage space, a portable storage container is the perfect answer. When delivered to your office or home, these moveable storage units can help you get organized and moved. Once you have all of your items boxed for storage, it’s time to pack the containers! Luckily, with proper packing methods, you can store anything safely and securely. Here are some helpful packing tips from the experts at Boxwell.
Pack Your Boxes Effectively
Pack heavy items in small boxes so that you can lift them easily into the container, and lighter items can be placed into the big boxes. Just be sure to label what’s in each box. Wrap fragile items and electronics in bubble wrap — or you could use clothing, pillows, and newspaper as cushion. Try to pack your boxes as tightly as you can while making sure not to overload them. It is also key to use as many of the same size boxes as possible for easier stacking.
Create a Wall Within the Container
Starting from the back of the unit and packing from the ceiling to the floor, place your boxes and items along the outside edges of the container to create a wall. This will help prevent items from shifting when the container is moved. Plus, you’ll have room to maneuver around the unit until it’s fully packed.
Distribute the Weight Evenly
It’s important to distribute the weight of your items evenly from side to side and back to front. It feels natural to load all of your heavy items like appliances and furniture in the front, although it’s important to save some for the back of the portable container as well.
Pack Important Items in the Front
If you have items that you know you are going to need access to right away (think: toiletries, cooking supplies, towels, and your child’s favorite stuffed animals), set them aside. These are good things to pack towards the front of the container so you can get to them quickly and easily. If possible, keep your valuables and legal documents with you to avoid misplacing these items. Also, please be sure not to store food, flammables or ammunition in the container.
Look for These Features
Not all portable storage and moving containers are made the same. Be sure to choose moving company or portable storage business that offers containers manufactured to be solid, weather-proof and secure. Boxwell’s portable storage containers come standard with FEATURES you’ll appreciate:
- Steel Construction – Highest grade SPA-H and SPA-C steel allows our units to be movable and stackable when fully loaded.
- Ultra-Secure Locks – Boxwell’s easy-to-use, state-of-the-art locking mechanism is designed with the end user’s security in mind.
- Corrugated Steel Roofs – The seamless steel roof is designed to protect against the elements and prevent water from pooling or leaking.
- Weather and Rodent Proof – Your items are safe from the water, wind, dust and rodents due to the seamless design of Boxwell’s units.
- Anti-Condensation Spray – To reduce condensation caused by humidity and temperature swings, Boxwell applies this coating on the ceiling.
- Coated and Sealed Floors – Floors are coated, sealed, and protected to provide a waterproof, non-slip and non-flammable surface.