5 Steps for Annual Storage Container Care
- by boxwell/April 1, 2020
At Boxwell, we pride ourselves on providing customers with the highest-quality storage containers on the market. Besides the superior products, though, we also take care to offer superior customer service in the form of warranties on the container, paint, and decals.
Despite all of that, you can still take some measures to maintain your investment and extend the life of your Boxwell storage containers. With proper care and attention, you can keep your containers looking brand-new for years and years to come. Beyond your more regular cleaning routine, we recommend the following five steps to be performed on an annual basis.
1. Examine the roof for scratches, dents, and debris. Damaged paint and other surface blemishes can lead to rusting on the container. To prevent this, touch up any damaged areas with fresh paint.
2. Inspect and replace weather stripping and caulking. Moisture can enter containers if they are not sealed properly – potentially damaging their contents. Always double check your containers’ silicone caulk and weather stripping to ensure that they are completely sealed.
3. Check and tighten roof and corner bolts. As portable containers are used and transported, their fasteners may rattle and vibrate. Over time, this may cause them to loosen. At least once a year, be sure to check your storage containers’ bolts, washers, lock washers, and nuts to ensure they remain properly impacted.
4. Look for missing rubber plugs. Are your portable storage containers missing any rubber plugs on the base or roof? These plugs help prevent rust. Missing plugs can also look unseemly. If you need more, don’t hesitate to contact Boxwell for replacements – we will send some out to you right away!
5. Inspect your decals. Double-check to make sure that your decals are still in place and legible. Don’t forget to inspect smaller signage, as well (like the “Door Lock Here” and “Emergency Pull” stickers). If you find any issues, just contact Boxwell and we’ll address it for you.
To learn more about Boxwell and our moving and storage containers and services, call (303) 416-6280 or contact us online today!